New version of Spirit Dental indemnity plan introduced
The Spirit Indemnity Dental Insurance plan helps individuals and families cover the costs of dental care
Covered dental services include exams, cleanings, fillings and extractions, as well as crowns, root canals, bridges and dentures.
The policy pays for covered dental expenses based upon a percentage of the reasonable and customary (R&C) fees for those covered expenses after the deductible has been satisfied.
The percentages are:
- 100% for Preventive Services, 70% for Basic and 10% for Major Services in the 1st year.
- In the 2nd year of coverage, Basic Services increase to 80% and 50% for Major.
- In the 3rd year, Basic Services increase to 90%
Highlights of the plan include:
- The right to choose your own dentist.
- Calendar Year Maximums - $1,000, $2,000 or $3,000 per insured
- Two dental exams and three cleanings are included per calendar year
- One series of bitewing x-rays per year
- Space maintainers
- Sealants (children to age 16)
- One topical fluoride treatment per year to age 16
Major services include:
- Simple extractions
- Implants (endosteal only), up to the allowance for the lowest cost covered traditional procedure
- One diagnostic x-ray, full or panoramic in any 3 year period
- Oral surgery
- Endodontic treatment
- Periodontic services
- Restoration services; inlays, onlays and crowns
- Prosthetic services; bridges and dentures
- Basic fillings