The Spirit PPO Dental Insurance plan helps cover the costs of dental care. Covered dental services include exams, cleanings, fillings and extractions, as well as crowns, root canals, bridges, and dentures.
This policy pays you for covered dental expenses for Careington (Maximum Care) PPO Provider or Non PPO providers (Out-of-Network) based on the contracted fee amount negotiated with Careington (Maximum Care) organization after the deductible has been satisfied.
The percentages are:
- 100% for Preventive Services, 40% for Basic, 20% for Major and 10% for Ortho Services in the 1st year.
- In the 2nd year of coverage, Basic Services increase to 80%, 50% for Major and 25% for Ortho Services.
- In the 3rd year, Basic Services increase to 90%, Major Services increase to 60% and Ortho Services increase to 50%.
Highlights of the plan include:
- Spirit Dental allows you to select your own Careington (Maximum Care) dentist.
- Calendar Year Maximums - $1,200, $2,500 or $3,500 per insured
- Two dental exams and three cleanings are included per calendar year
- One series of bitewing x-rays per year
- Space maintainers
- Sealants (children to age 16)
- One topical fluoride treatment per year to age 16
Major services include:
- Simple extractions
- Implants (endosteal only), up to the allowance for the lowest cost covered traditional procedure
- One diagnostic x-ray, full or panoramic in any 3 year period
- Oral surgery
- Endodontic treatment
- Periodontic services
- Restoration services; inlays, onlays and crowns
- Prosthetic services; bridges and dentures
- Basic fillings
Children Orthodontia benefits include:
- Orthodontic care for the proper alignment of teeth is provided only to dependent children who are under 19 when treatment is received
- Coverage is 10% 1st year, 25% 2nd year and 50% 3rd year with a $1200 lifetime maximum per child