At Spirit, we believe that dental insurance should be affordable so that more people can gain access to the care that they and their families need. That’s why we offer a variety of plans to suit all budgets. So forget about needing to break the bank to get dental insurance that works, or, worse yet, having to sacrifice insurance just because you can’t afford it!
While you’re shopping for the ideal dental insurance policy, consider more than just the price; also think about what the plan has to offer. Sure, having a low-cost plan is helpful, but if it doesn’t provide you with the coverage that you need to meet all of your dental care requirements, it probably won’t be worth it. That’s why our plans combine the best in affordable pricing and comprehensive coverage.
Remember: protecting your teeth and gums starts with prevention, so purchasing a plan today can help alleviate potential costs down the road.
How It Works
- Sign up for Spirit dental insurance online. It only takes a few minutes.
- On the effective date of your policy, you can start using your insurance for everything from cleanings and checkups, to major services and orthodontics. Just let your dentist know that you have coverage, and you’re all set!
- In about 10 business days, you’ll receive your ID card in the mail.
- Coverage is available right away. You will either be able to start using your plan on the 1st or 15th of the month, depending on when it was purchased.
- Coverage options differ per plan. Make sure to compare before purchase.
- Guaranteed acceptance.
- All plans have a monthly premium and a one-time $100 deductible.
- Your monthly premium will be based on several factors, including your zip code, the type of coverage you select, and whether you opt for a Choice or Network plan.
- Free cleanings (3 cleanings per year) and preventative protection
- Choose your own dentist
- Coverage for child orthodontia and major services
- $5,000 annual maximum*
Interested in getting a quote? Click here.
Want more information? You might find the answer on our FAQs page.
Compare Spirit to Other Providers to See the Savings
A little comparison shopping can reveal a lot about the savings that you can reap when you sign up for a Spirit dental plan.
Check out this chart to see how our coverage and costs stack up against other popular insurance providers:
|Cost||$36 - $70 Per Month||$45 - $75 per Month||$20 - $48 per Month|
|Maximum Benefit||$1,200 - $5,000||$1,000 - $1,500||$1,000 - $1,500|
|Choice of Any Dentist||Yes||No||No|
Out-of-Pocket Dental Care Costs Will Add Up
Are you thinking that you don’t need dental insurance because you can simply pay out-of-pocket whenever you go to the dentist? You might want to reconsider. Over time, and with the right affordable dental insurance plan, you could end up saving money, even though you’re paying a monthly premium and deductible.
- General office visits that may include a thorough exam and x-rays could cost anywhere from $50 to $350, with an average cost of around $288. X-rays on their own could cost $250 or more.
- A professional cleaning could cost you anywhere from $70 to $200.2 Note: experts recommend having your teeth cleaned at least twice a year.
- Fillings for cavities can range from $50 to $450 each, depending upon the type of filling that’s used and the tooth that’s being filled.
- Crowns could cost, on average, $328 for a resin crown, though costs could go up to $1,500 or more, depending upon the type of crown used. Bridges, implants, and dentures could also cost thousands.
- Root canals could cost anywhere from $300 to $2,000, while extractions could cost up to $650. And removing wisdom teeth could cost up to $600 per tooth, depending upon impaction.
These costs will vary according to where you’re located and the amount of work that’s required to get your teeth back to an optimal state of health. Nevertheless, it’s clear to see that, with the support of an affordable dental insurance policy, you can save quite a bit of money.
Want to gain more insight into why dental insurance is a smart investment? Here are a few of our informative blogs →
- Why Dental Insurance Is Important
- Reasons Why Spirit Dental Is Right for You
- Dental Insurance Is Well Worth Looking Into
- Medical and Dental: Bridging the Gap
Affordable Dental Insurance Is So Worth It!
You might think that dental care is just something that you do at home when you brush and floss. But the truth is that your at-home oral hygiene routine isn’t enough; you also need to see a dentist regularly for checkups, cleanings, and treatments that include preventive measures to keep your smile bright and your gums healthy.
Every day, your mouth is exposed to germs and bacteria, acids from your favorite foods and drinks, and plaque that can turn into destructive tartar. You should clean your teeth and gums by brushing and flossing daily, but it won’t compare to the deep clean that a professional dental hygienist can provide.
In addition to keeping your teeth clean, regular trips to the dentist can also help ensure that conditions are caught and treated in their earliest stages. You might not know that you have a cavity, but your dentist will pick up on it after taking x-rays. And you may not realize that your enamel is eroding until your dentist takes a look at the condition of your teeth during a routine exam. Plus, you might be exhibiting signs of gum disease without realizing it, but your dentist can help you stop this condition in its tracks before it can cause further damage and tooth loss.
It’s clear that your dentist and hygienist do a lot at every visit to ensure your teeth remain clean and your gums remain strong, so skimping on insurance that will make every trip to the dentist more affordable isn’t wise. Thankfully, there are a host of affordable Spirit plans to choose from, so you never have to miss an appointment or stretch your wallet to get the care that you need.
Need more information on the conditions that regular checkups can help prevent and treat? Here are a few of our helpful blogs →
Ready to Get Dental Insurance That’s Affordable?
Review our plans or speak with one of our licensed agents today if you have any questions regarding coverage and which plan is best for you.
*The $5,000 annual maximum plan(s) may not be available in all states.