Children’s Orthodontic Quick Facts *
- An orthodontic evaluation should take place by age 7 to identify potential problems early and maximize effectiveness.
- Nearly 4 million children under the age of 18 currently have braces in North America
- It is estimated that 50 – 70% of children will need braces by the age of 18.
- Children’s braces alone can cost up to $5,500 per child with additional costs for monthly visits, retainers or extractions (if necessary).
Health Benefits of Having Straighter Teeth *
- Straight teeth prevent food from getting stuck between teeth which causes decay
- Mitigates the need for bridges or implants from unevenly spaced teeth.
- Straight teeth reduces tension on the jaw joints caused by misaligned teeth during eating.
- They are less likely to chip and wear.
- Better ability to chew and digest food.
Other Benefits of Orthodontia *
- Improved self-esteem
- Reduced cost of long term dental problems
- Ease of daily brushing and flossing
How the Spirit Plan can help.
Spirit Dental offers a $1200 children’s orthodontia benefit on our network plan. Spirit has seen the influence that orthodontia has on both good oral health and positive self-confidence. We want to help parents give those benefits to their children.Get a free instant quote today or call to speak with one of Spirit’s licensed agents.
* Sources include: (Bibby Orthodontics, Insurance Note, Kids Health, American Association of Orthodontists, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19409339, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3633299/)