From crowns and bridges to dental implants, inlays, and dentures, each of these major oral procedures requires time and money. From your initial dental visit to the actual operation and beyond, you want to make sure you’re getting the care you need and know that it’s not going to break the bank.
Other providers might offer partial coverage for major services, including dental implants. And those plans can also impose a long waiting period before you even qualify for care. So, when you want better coverage, Spirit can step in and help.
Spirit offers dental insurance for implants and other major services, and our plans are designed to support you when you need it most. Plus, each plan offers coverage for major services from the first month. That’s right: no waiting required!
Why Enroll in Dental Insurance for Implants?
Dental implants come with a range of benefits. From improved appearance to comfort and durability, they’re a sought-after solution to a missing tooth or teeth.
Unlike dentures or removable bridges, which can be uncomfortable and require more maintenance, dental implants will look natural, and they’ll give you the ability to eat the foods you want with ease.
What might hold you back, though, is the price. A dental implant costs between $850 and $3,500 for a single tooth. That is a major expense that can continue to get even more expensive if more than one implant is needed.
- The procedure has a 98% success rate.
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Unlike dentures, implants are permanent. You won’t have any issues with your teeth potentially shifting when eating, and there is no nightly maintenance needed besides brushing and flossing!
What Does Dental Implant Insurance Cover?
We can all agree that your smile is important, and implants can certainly help you look and feel confident. But they do more than that. Implants that replace missing teeth can help maintain the structure of your jawbone, as well as keep your other teeth from shifting.
Because implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss, this investment into your oral health will be more than worthwhile. But you don’t have to pay for it all out of pocket, as long as you have the right dental insurance for implants.
- Once enrolled in a Spirit dental insurance policy, you’ll be covered for implants and other major services.
- You get to select the right dental specialist through one of our Choice or Network plans.
- In addition to helping you cover the cost of the implants themselves, we’ll also take care of helping you afford all of your appointments, including those that are required before and after the procedure.
Bottom line: When Spirit has your back, you won’t have to worry about the sticker shock that can come from making the decision to get one or more dental implants.
Our surprisingly affordable dental insurance for implants caters specifically to patients who only want the best in oral care but don’t want to have to stretch their wallet to get it.
How It Works
- Sign up for your Spirit dental plan online. It only takes a few minutes.
- In about 10 business days, you’ll receive your ID card in the mail.
- On the effective date of your policy, you can start using your insurance for cleanings, checkups, and major services. Just let your dentist know that you have coverage, and you’re all set!
- Coverage is available within the first month. No waiting.
- Coverage options differ per plan, so make sure to compare your options before your purchase—this includes reviewing what type of annual maximum benefit each plan provides.
- Guaranteed acceptance.
- All plans have a monthly premium and a one-time $100 deductible.
- Your monthly premium will be based on several factors, including your zip code, the type of coverage you select, and whether you opt for a Choice or Network plan.
Interested in getting a quote? Click here.
Want more information? You might find the answer on our FAQs page.
With a Spirit dental plan, you can rest assured that you’ll get the financial support you need when you have to undergo a major service to restore the health and beauty of your smile.
But there are some important limitations to keep in mind:
- Spirit does not cover implants or major services for teeth that are missing prior to having a policy.
- If an insured patient has lost one or more teeth prior to this policy effective date, Spirit will not pay for a prosthetic device that replaces such teeth unless the device also replaces one or more natural teeth lost or extracted while covered under this policy.
You Have Dental Implant Insurance - Now What?
So, you have dental insurance for implants and you’ve decided to move forward with an implant procedure. Good choice! But, making the decision is just step one in the process.
Once you’ve gone through the oral surgery, you still need to consider the care and maintenance that’s required to keep your new tooth (or teeth) in tip-top shape. That’s why Spirit dental insurance will be there to help you afford the care you need long-term too.
- Plan for professional cleanings two to three times annually. Implants are still susceptible to normal wear and tear. The great thing about Spirit Dental is that you also get coverage for three cleanings per year!
- Review oral hygiene musts with your dentist. These include which toothbrush and toothpaste you should be using, as well as which mouth rinses and flossers are best.
- If you’re experiencing problems, such as feeling discomfort, or if you have any other questions, contact your dentist directly. X-rays or an additional visit may be required.
Need more time to consider dental implants as an option? Here are a few of our latest blogs →
- Dental Implants: Do or Don’t?
- The Ins and Outs of Dental Implants
- The Cost of Dental Implants Broken Down
- Comparing The Cost Of Implants to Fixed Bridgework
- When Dental Implants Are Needed
- Dental Implants: The Facts
Other Major Services That Are Covered by Spirit Dental Insurance
Whether you’ve been told you need a major service or you want to make sure you’re covered in case the need arises in the future, Spirit offers coverage for the following:
Bridges are natural looking, much like dental implants, but they need to be cleaned with a special brush and floss. Odds are that you’ll need to replace your bridgework every few years.
The cost of bridgework will depend on the type of bridge that you’re getting. While a resin-bonded bridge may typically cost up to $2,300, a cantilever bridge might be more than $4,000. Thankfully, Spirit dental insurance can help cover the cost of this major service.
Crowns can be a great solution if a tooth has decayed extensively or if it’s been damaged as a result of trauma, grinding, or erosion. And crowns can even be used to restore the appearance of severely discolored teeth.
Your dentist will take an impression of your tooth so that a custom crown can be created in a lab. Once the crown arrives, the dentist will apply it, and you’ll be good to go.
Crowns can be pricey, though, ranging from $1,000 to a whopping $3,500, so having the right dental insurance, such as the plans offered by Spirit, is definitely wise.
With an inlay, your dentist could drill into a tooth exhibiting decay in order to clean it out, and then restore the strength of the tooth without having to affect the cusps of that tooth. Plus, the great thing about inlays is that they’re typically stronger and longer lasting than standard fillings.
Inlays are often recommended if a tooth is fractured, broken, or decayed but the damage doesn’t affect the cusps. They’re also a great choice if the damage is so extensive that a large filling would be required, but the filling would weaken the structure that remains.
Because inlays could cost up to $1,500, though, having a Spirit dental plan can help make this major service more affordable.
The good news is that modern dentures are more comfortable, as well as more natural looking than they used to be. You could get partial dentures or full dentures, depending upon your needs.
The bad news is that dentures can set you back financially. The final cost will be based on whether you get partial for full dentures, but you can expect to spend hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars on dentures.
In fact, a complete set could cost up to $8,000, so the right Spirit dental plan will definitely save the day.
Need more time to consider these major services for your dental care needs? Here are a few of our informative blogs →
- Porcelain Crowns & Veneers: What You Should Know
- Oral Care for Those with Dentures
- Dentures and TMJ: How Does One Affect the Other?
Ready to Get the Dental Insurance You Need for Implants and Major Services?
Review our plans or speak with one of our licensed agents today if you have questions about how much is covered and which insurance policy is best for you!