With Spirit Dental, You're Covered
From crowns and bridges to dental implants, inlays, and dentures, each of these major oral procedures requires time and money. From your initial dental visit to the actual operation and beyond, you want to make sure you’re getting the care you need and know that it’s not going to break the bank.
While other providers might offer partial coverage for major services, those plans can also impose a long waiting period before you even qualify for care.
That’s where Spirit comes in. Spirit offers insurance coverage that supports you when you need it most. Each of our dental plans offers coverage for these major service’s month one. No waiting!
"I shopped around for dental insurance coverage looking for a plan that would cover a tooth implant since my dentist said I needed one. Out of all the plans I looked at, Spirit Dental was the only one I found that had coverage for this type of procedure."
Johh P., Oregon
How It Works
- Sign up for your Spirit dental plan online. It only takes a few minutes.
- In about 10 business days, you’ll receive your ID card in the mail.
- On the effective date of your policy, you can start using your insurance for cleanings, checkups, and major services. Just let your dentist know that you have coverage, and you’re all set!
- Coverage is available within the first month. No waiting.
- Coverage options differ per plan. Make sure to compare before purchase, that includes reviewing what type of annual maximum benefit each plan provides.
- Guaranteed acceptance.
- All plans have a monthly premium and a one-time $100 deductible.
- Your monthly premium will be based on several factors, including your zip code, the type of coverage you select, and whether you opt for a Choice or Network plan.
Interested in getting a quote? Click here.
Want more information? You might find the answer on our FAQs page.
With a Spirit dental plan, you can rest assured that you’ll get the financial support you need when you have to undergo a major service to restore the health and beauty of your smile.
But there are some important limitations to keep in mind:
- Spirit does not cover implants or major services for teeth that are missing prior to having a policy.
- If an insured patient has lost one or more teeth prior to this policy effective date, Spirit will not pay for a prosthetic device that replaces such teeth unless the device also replaces one or more natural teeth lost or extracted while covered under this policy.
Dental Implants Are Covered!
Dental implants come with a range of benefits. From improved appearance to comfort and durability, they’re a sought-after solution to a missing tooth or teeth. Unlike dentures or removable bridges, which can be uncomfortable and require more maintenance, dental implants will give you that natural look, along with the ability to eat the foods you want with ease.
A dental implant costs between $850 and $3,500 for a single tooth.4 That is a major expense that can continue to get larger if more than one tooth is needed.
- The procedure has a 98% success rate.
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Unlike dentures, implants are permanent. You won’t have any issues with your teeth potentially shifting when eating, and there is no nightly maintenance needed besides brushing and flossing!
You Have Dental Implant Insurance - Now What?
So you have insurance and have decided to move forward with an implant procedure. Making the decision is just step one in the process. Once you’ve gone through the oral surgery, you still need to consider the care and maintenance that’s required to keep your new tooth (or teeth) in tip-top shape.
- Plan for professional cleanings two to three times annually. Implants are still susceptible to normal wear and tear. The great thing about Spirit Dental is that you also get coverage for three cleanings per year!
- Review oral hygiene musts with your dentist. These include which toothbrush and toothpaste you should be using, as well as which mouth rinses and flossers are best.
- If you’re experiencing problems, such as feeling discomfort, or if you have any other questions, contact your dentist directly. X-rays or an additional visit may be required.
Need more time to consider dental implants as an option? Here are a few of our latest blogs →
- Dental Implants: Do or Don’t?
- The Ins and Outs of Dental Implants
- The Cost of Dental Implants Broken Down
- Comparing The Cost Of Implants to Fixed Bridgework
- When Dental Implants Are Needed
- Dental Implants: The Facts
Major Services That Are Covered by Spirit Dental
Whether you’ve been told you need a major service or you want to make sure you’re covered in case the need arises in the future, Spirit offers coverage for the following:
Bridges are natural looking, much like dental implants, but they need to be cleaned with a special brush and floss. Odds are that you’ll need to replace your bridgework every few years.
The cost of bridgework will depend on the type of bridge that you’re getting. While a resin-bonded bridge may typically cost up to $2,300, a cantilever bridge might be more than $4,000. Thankfully, Spirit dental insurance can help cover the cost of this major service.
Crowns can be a great solution if a tooth has decayed extensively or if it’s been damaged as a result of trauma, grinding, or erosion. And crowns can even be used to restore the appearance of severely discolored teeth. Your dentist will take an impression of your tooth so that a custom crown can be created in a lab. Once the crown arrives, the dentist will apply it, and you’ll be good to go.
Crowns can be pricey, though, ranging from $1,000 to a whopping $3,5001, so having the right dental insurance, such as the plans offered by Spirit, is definitely wise.
With an inlay, your dentist could drill into a tooth exhibiting decay in order to clean it out, and then restore the strength of the tooth without having to affect the cusps of that tooth. Plus, the great thing about inlays is that they’re typically stronger and longer lasting than standard fillings.
Inlays are often recommended if a tooth is fractured, broken, or decayed but the damage doesn’t affect the cusps. They’re also a great choice if the damage is so extensive that a large filling would be required, but the filling would weaken the structure that remains. Because inlays could cost up to $1,5002, though, having a Spirit dental plan can help make this major service more affordable.
The good news is that modern dentures are more comfortable, as well as more natural looking than they used to be. And you could get partial dentures or full dentures, depending upon your needs.
The bad news is that dentures can set you back financially. The final cost will be based on whether you get partial for full dentures, but you can expect to spend hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars on dentures. In fact, a complete set could cost up to $8,0003, so the right Spirit dental plan will definitely save the day.
Need more time to consider these major services for your dental care needs? Here are a few of our informative blogs →
- Porcelain Crowns & Veneers: What You Should Know
- Oral Care for Those with Dentures
- Dentures and TMJ: How Does One Affect the Other?
Ready to Get the Dental Insurance Plan You Need for Major Services?
Review our plans or speak with one of our licensed agents today if you have questions about how much is covered and which insurance policy is best for you.